Amazon Prime Is a membership plan provided by Amazon.com. Prime members can enjoy free two-day delivery service and access to streaming services such as music, videos, books, audiobooks, etc. The various benefits of this service are detailed below in order to decide whether it is best for you.
- 1 Amazon Prime basics: how much does it cost?
- 2 Amazon Prime benefits: save shipping costs
- 3 Amazon Prime benefits: exclusive shopping privileges
- 4 Amazon Prime benefits: free use of music and audiobook services
- 5 Amazon Prime benefits: read
- 6 Amazon Prime benefits: unlimited viewing of movies and TV shows
- 7 Amazon Prime benefits: unlimited photo storage
- 8 Amazon Prime benefits: games
- 9 Amazon Prime benefits: food paradise
- 10 Amazon Prime benefits: rewards and sharing
- 11 Cancel Amazon Prime
- 12 Is Amazon Prime Value?
- 13 Amazon Prime frequently asked questions
Amazon Prime basics: how much does it cost?
Amazon Prime membership first signs up for a 30-day free trial, and then members pay a discounted annual or regular monthly fee (currently the annual fee is US$119 and the monthly fee is US$12.99 per month). For college students whose email addresses end in .edu, there is also an Amazon Prime Student membership option. This is about half the price of a standard Amazon Prime membership ($6.49 per month or $59 per year, after six months of free trial).
In the standard plan, members have the opportunity to test many features of Prime members during the 30-day trial period, including free two-day shipping and early access to Amazon's seckill. Pay membership fees to access the full set of services, benefits, features, and additional options.
During the free trial period, not all paid Amazon Prime membership benefits are available, especially paid add-on services and subscriptions.
So, what exactly does Amazon Prime include?
Amazon Prime benefits: save shipping costs
The flagship feature of Amazon Prime membership-and the most frequently mentioned benefit-saves shipping costs.
- Free two-day delivery: Members automatically get free two-day delivery service for most goods and orders. If an item cannot be delivered within two days, it can still be delivered for free, but it may take a day or two.
- Free same-day delivery: Members who live in eligible postal codes, usually members near Amazon warehouses or fulfillment centers, can choose to deliver orders on the same day for free.
- Free release date delivery: Members who booked eligible items (such as video games) before the release date will receive the guaranteed delivery item on the actual release date.
- Prime Now: Members who live in specific cities and postal codes that provide Prime Now services can deliver free delivery in two hours or less (or, if you prefer, you can choose a specially selected delivery time). Members can use this option to handle thousands of items, such as pet care needs, electronics, food, gifts, and even deliveries from local stores and restaurants.
- Use Amazon Locker and Amazon Hub: When you don’t want the package to be left unattended after delivery, this is a safe place to store your items.
Amazon Prime benefits: exclusive shopping privileges
The second major benefit of Amazon Prime membership is the exclusive shopping privileges reserved for Prime members.
- Prime Early Access: Members can access Amazon seckill 30 minutes earlier than others.
- Amazon Elements: Members have exclusive access to Amazon’s private collection of daily necessities, which focus on top-notch ingredients and full disclosure of the ingredients used. Initial products include vitamin and mineral supplements and baby wipes, and other products are under development.
- Amazon Dash Button: Members can purchase various Dash buttons for their most commonly used items. The Dash button is a shortcut for Prime members to place an order by simply pressing the button. They can be used in household cleaners, pet products, snacks, beverages, and health and beauty products.
Amazon Prime benefits: free use of music and audiobook services
- Prime Music: Amazon’s streaming music service Prime Music is available to members without ads, and can access more than one million songs, hundreds of Prime playlists, and self-created playlists without restrictions. The service includes unlimited skips, and members can download songs to the Amazon Music app for free offline listening. However, the application does not allow to export music to other places.
Amazon also has an item calledMusic UnlimitedAdditional music services. This is a paid service, but Prime members receive monthly fee discounts.
- For Prime Audible Channels: Members have free and unlimited access to Audible Channels, including original audio series, playlists organized by interest themes, and other content. Members can also listen to best-selling books, favorite classics and family-centric audiobooks for free through Prime Exclusive Audiobooks. Prime members simply log in to the Audible app with their Amazon Prime account to use these benefits.
Amazon Prime benefits: read
As Kindle It’s no surprise that Amazon Prime members, the creators of e-readers, provide exclusive benefits for those who love literature.
- Prime reading: Prime members have exclusive access to the Prime reading catalog. Borrow books, magazines, etc. digitally for reading on Kindle devices, Fire tablets, Fire phones, or the iOS and Android Kindle apps.
- Amazon First Reads: Members get pre-publishing access rights, from Amazon First Read Download a new free (or discounted) new book from the six-month selection on the list.
The Amazon First Reads program was formerly known as Kindle First.
Amazon Prime benefits: unlimited viewing of movies and TV shows
Amazon Prime members can watch a large number of TV shows and movies without restrictions. They can also purchase discounted subscriptions for paid channels and content.
- Prime Video: Members can enjoy unlimited streaming services of TV shows and movies included in Prime Video. To find the title you want to watch, just look for the Amazon Prime logo in the video details or Watch now with Amazon Prime That's it. The availability of the title will change regularly, purchasing members can create a watch list, and the service will alert you when some content on ilst is about to expire.
Prime Video also includes all Amazon original series.
- Video add-on subscription: Prime members can choose to purchase discounted subscriptions or movie rentals to add to viewing options, including new versions and pay TV channels, such as Starz with Showtime.
Amazon Prime benefits: unlimited photo storage
- Prime photos: Prime members can get unlimited digital storage space in Amazon Drive. Prime Photos also allows members to organize, search and share photos.
Amazon Prime benefits: games
Twitch Prime: Members can link their Twitch.tv account with their Amazon Prime account to receive special discounts on physical games and new version pre-orders. Members can also get ad-free viewing and new free Twitch channel subscriptions every month. Twitch Prime also grants access to exclusive free games and game content.
Amazon Prime benefits: food paradise
Everyone has to eat, right? Members can use the Amazon Prime service to dine cheaper or easier through the delivery service. Includes new Whole Foods discounts for Prime members.
- AmazonFresh: AmazonFresh is an additional service option for grocery delivery/pickup for Amazon Prime members. In certain regions, members can pay additional membership fees to enjoy Amazon's free shipping service for fresh orders over US$50 or a flat shipping rate for orders under US$50.
- Whole Foods Market discount: Amazon Prime members can enjoy additional discounts on Whole Foods Market products purchased through AmazonFresh, Prime Now, and Amazon.com. In the near future, Prime members will also receive special discounts when shopping in the Whole Foods Market store.
Prime Pantry, Amazon's grocery delivery service, has been discontinued.
Amazon Prime benefits: rewards and sharing
Amazon Prime members are eligible for cash back rewards and special discount programs for specific categories of merchandise. They can also share some benefits with other family members.
- Prime Rewards: Prime members use Amazon Prime Rewards Visa or Amazon Prime Store card to make purchases on Amazon to get 5% rebates. They can also choose to connect their checking account to a gift card through Amazon Prime Reload to get 2% cash back.
- Amazon Family: Members can register for Amazon Family’s Subscribe & Save program to receive discounts on diapers, baby food, baby registration items, and other baby needs.
- Amazon Household: Members can share certain benefits with Amazon families. Amazon Household allows two adult accounts, up to 14 profiles and up to four child profiles. The family library allows members to share Kindle books, games, applications, and audiobooks with their Amazon families.
- Prime Day : Prime Day is a one-day large-scale sales event organized exclusively for Amazon Prime members. Part of Cyber Monday is in July, and part of thanks to Prime members’ discounts. Prime Day provides special offers, exclusive merchandise, special lightning deals only for Prime members, and more.
Cancel Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime members can cancel at any time. However, if you paid a discounted annual fee and used any Prime membership benefits, including free two-day delivery, you are not eligible for a refund. If you are on the sidelines of the various benefits of using Amazon Prime membership, it may make sense to consider monthly membership options instead of annual memberships.
To cancel your Amazon Prime membership, please log in to the Amazon website and go to Your Account > Manage Prime Membership. When the Prime member management page loads, select End Membership Link. The website will guide you through several pages to confirm that you really want to cancel before processing the cancellation. If you cancel during the initial 30-day Amazon Prime trial period, please select on the Prime member management page Do Not Continue Link to cancel your membership.
Is Amazon Prime Value?
For Amazon shoppers who shop frequently, Prime members may be able to recoup the cost just by saving shipping costs. By considering the following factors, those who do not order from Amazon often may still find membership worthwhile:
- How long have you been shopping at Whole Foods Market? With the arrival of in-store discounts exclusively for Amazon Prime members, the savings from your daily shopping at local Whole Foods may soon be offset by membership fees.
- How often do you buy or rent movies or TV shows through Amazon? Many movies and shows, including Amazon Originals, can be streamed for free through Prime membership. Two or three movies per month can easily offset the cost of Prime membership.
- How often do you buy books or magazines to read on your Kindle or Fire device or the Kindle app on your smartphone? Amazon Prime members can access a large number of books, magazines, audio books, comic books, etc. for free. For avid readers, Prime membership may be cheaper than the typical Kindle content you buy every month.
Amazon offers a 30-day free trial period of Amazon Prime, so you can try it. If you feel it is not suitable for you, just cancel before the end of 30 days.
Amazon Prime frequently asked questions
When is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Membership Day is usually held from June 21st to 22nd. Prime Day is actually more than one day-it is a 48-hour discount for Amazon Prime members.
How to link your Amazon Prime and Twitch accounts?
To link Prime and Twitch accounts,Please go to Prime Gaming And select the option to connect to a Twitch account. Then, log in with your Twitch account and follow the on-screen prompts to link to your Prime account.
How can I contact Amazon Prime customer support over the phone?
Amazon's customer service number is 1 (888) 280-4331. It is available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.